The baby shower was so awesome. My friends in the Naperville area threw it for me - Angie, Kate, Joei, Katie, and Brittany. It was so great for my new friends to meet my old friends and to catch up with everyone. The food,cupcakes,cookies and punch were delicious, too! We got a lot of awesome presents that we're really excited to use soon. He is going to look so spoiled with all of the Nike onesies and Nike Shox that he got! We got so many cute outfits, some bottles, books, beautiful picture frames, and other baby 'must-haves.' Thanks to everyone that came and made me feel so special!
When we got home, we went through everything again and put some of it away =)
Monday was our 2 year anniversary. Ryan hadn't been golfing in a while, so I walked 9 holes with him. Then we came home and rested a little bit because that kinda wore me out. We took care of some more of the shower gifts and just relaxed together. Then we went out to eat. He knew that I've been wanting to go to the Melting Pot for a while, so I had a sneaky suspicion that's where we would be going out to eat. Joei and I had also talked a long time ago about going there together since her and David have the same anniversary as us. I asked Ryan about that during the day, but he said we weren't meeting them.
When we got to the restaurant he asked right away where the bathrooms were before he told the girl his name or anything. I thought that was kind of weird, but he was trying to hydrate well for his surgery the next day, so I didn't think anything of it. Supposedly he went back to the hostess and explained to her that he was Ryan, but the reservations were under David, party of 4. He wanted to tell her Ryan for 2, sit down, and then have David and Joei show up and it would be a surprise to both of us girls. (I don't think I've mentioned this before, but Joei is due a week before me, so we've become super great friends the past 9 months.) Anyway, I meet back up with Ryan, we walk to the front, and before he even says anything, the hostess says "Would you like to wait up here for your guests or at the table?" DUH! I was like "Oh, who are we meeting =)" Ryan told the girl she blew it and about 30 seconds later she finally realized what he was trying to do. Oh well. Shortly after we sat down, David and Joei came and it was great.
The Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant, so we started off with a cheese fondue that we dipped bread in. Then we got a salad and then our meat. We had pork, steak, chicken, tuna, and lobster on a huge platter that we dipped in the oil to cook. Super yummy. Finally, for dessert we got Cookies and Cream Marshmallow Dream and Flaming Turtle fondue that we dipped brownies, marshmallows, pound cake, cheesecake, strawberries, and bananas in. We were there for almost 3 hours! Yes we ate too much, but that's probably the only time we'll ever get to go there, so we made sure we took advantage of it =)
Ryan's surgery went super well. The only trouble he has was that his pupils were pinpointed and he couldn't see very well the whole rest of the day. It was kind of scary because we tried eye drops, sunglasses, being in the dark, turning on the lights, everything, and nothing changed. Luckily after a good night's sleep they were back to normal. We spent Wednesday and Thursday at home and Ryan went back to work on Friday.
Oh, Thursday I had an OB appointment. Everything still looks great and signs of the end are near ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment