| Parker and Josiah. 6 months makes a big difference! |
He's also learning how to sleep without being swaddled. Since he was born, we've been putting him in a Swaddle-Me and it has worked great. Now that he rolls every chance he gets, the swaddle isn't working (and isn't safe.) He can flip himself over in his bed without even using his arms! Then he thinks he'd like to sleep face down. The first night I put him in a sleep sack, he was able to put himself to sleep rather quickly, but he also woke up about 4 times that night. I finally swaddled him at 5:30am, and had to wake him up at 6:45 so I could get him to the babysitter's. (He usually wakes up at around 6:00). The next night I put just one arm in the swaddle, and let the other one loose. He fell asleep after about 5 minutes of wimpering, and I didn't hear from him again until 6:00 =) Good job baby! Now tonight I wrapped him the same way, put him in his bed, he rolled himself over, and was asleep minutes after without any crying. Yay! I was worried the other night when he woke up a few times that this would be a tough transition, but it only took one night. Way to go Parker!
No comments:
Post a Comment