Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Break

March 28-April 2 was my Spring Break.  I was really excited for it because everyday I was going to hang out with a friend and their baby...unfortunately, I ended up staying home sick the first 3 days.  Boo.  I didn't have to cancel all of my plans though!

On Wednesday, I met my friend Laura and her 3 month old daughter, Bethany, at the mall.  We just walked and talked.  It was really great to see her.  We are always talking about baby stuff, running, God, and baking =)  That was also Parker's 6 month birthday!  I just cannot get over how big he is!  It seems like he has really turned into a little boy in the last month.  He is constantly on the move, talking, smiling, and laughing.

On Thursday, we headed west to Stillman Valley.  It was really fun hanging out with Ryan's family.  I got to hold baby Lena (total doll!), and play with JW and Whittaker.  They love their baby cousins so much and are so good with them.  I love watching all 4 of the cousins play together.  We tried to take some pictures.  I'm not sure that we really got a good one, but we got several funny ones! (See Below).  Ryan edited some of them to make on nice picture of all 4 cousins.
Parker got his 2nd tooth that day, too!
Such a sweet baby girl!
"Parker, you're huge!"
Some happy, some not so happy.
At least Whittaker is enjoying himself.
Big eyes!
 Parker also got to play with Aunt Bonita, Uncle Bill, Papa, and Grandma!
Nice 'toy' Papa
I'm ready to eat!  Anyone else?

I was looking forward to Friday because my BFF (college edish), Bobbi, was coming over with her daughter, Mayci!  We haven't gotten to see each other since the babies were 2 months old.  We are constantly calling each other and comparing notes.  When Bobbi and Mayci got to my parents, Parker was sleeping.  I woke him up and he was totally out of it for about the next 1/2 hour.  While Mayci laughed, smiled, and babbled, Parker just sat and stared.  I don't think he blinked for several minutes straight. 


Once I fed him, he snapped out of it.  He was probably just mesmerized by Mayci's cuteness!  It was so fun watching them stand and look at each other.  They'd reach for each other, smile, and wave their arms all over.  I love you Bobbi, and your daughter is amazing!  I can't wait to see you two again!!

Parker loved her headband!
Hey! Can I give you a hug?
They liked the camera.
After Bobbi left, my Grandma Saar and her husband Joe came over for dessert.  I felt bad because Parker was pretty sleepy when they got there, but he sure had a fun time looking at Great Grandma's necklace!

Saturday morning, Nat, Mom and I went to GVCRC to do Zumba.  It was my second time doing it, and I LOVE it!  The music is so much fun, the steps are easy, and time flies!  An hour of that was plenty, though.  My legs were getting pretty tired.  Parker just jumped around in an exersaucer the whole time.  Nat and the kids came back to my parents and we had a great time jumping on the trampoline. We got a new tramp last year but I haven't gotten to jump on it yet (prego).  Nat and I played the seat-drop game.  We used to play it for hours at a time when we were younger, but after a few minutes we were dead tired and decided to call it a tie ;)  I love spending time with my sister.  She is so easy to talk to, has lots of great advice, and even more funny stories.  She is a great mom/role-model!  I also love her kids.  They are the first kids that I have really watched grow up from birth, and I am really starting to understand why everyone says "they grow up so fast!"  Alaina and Hunter are so much fun and have so much personality!  We all watched Tangled together after we were worn out from the tramp.

Later on, I took Parker over to Grandma Ross' house.  She got a kick out of him.  Parker showed her all his tricks =)  Then we went to Grandma Hachmeister's!  Parker got to see all 3 of his great-grandma's in 2 days!  He is so blessed to have so many grandparents and great-grandparents.  I want him to get as much time with them as possible!

I always forget to take the camera to
Grandma Ross' =(

No comments:

Post a Comment