Thursday, November 10, 2011

One to Remember

Parker was being exceptionally cute and cuddly tonight.  We ate a delicious and healthy supper, and then he took a bath.  He loves playing with his little ocean animals.  I fill them up with water and then he squeezes them all and the water shoots out.  He thinks it's pretty funny when he sprays his belly.  (He likes to point to his belly now, too).  He told me he was "all done" and then helped me put all of his bath toys in the corner caddy.  I laid out his towel and he laid right down on his tummy.    He does this every time I lay a blanket down, too.  After getting his diaper on, he got up right away and started pushing his walker into the kitchen.  He would take about 6 steps into the kitchen, and then back up to the carpet.  Each time he would back up, I would continue putting his jammies on.  He got a kick out of that.  We read a bunch of books, played with his new train, and then I gave him his bottle.  He wanted to sit in his truck to drink it, which was parked right next to the couch.  When I sat down on the end of the couch, he dropped his bottle, stuck his head through the side window of his truck and gave me a big kiss.  Then he went back down, and then he came back up for another kiss.  He even said "mooaaah."  He did this at least a dozen times before he just climbed all the way out the window and sat on my lap.  Then he started petting my hair and my face and babbling on and on. I wish I could've gotten a video, but it was one of those times you just have to enjoy instead of interrupting it by getting the camera.  I love nights like these =)  

I remembered one other thing this morning.  While he was sitting on my lap, we were listening to a Bach CD and kind of dancing to it.  When an opera song came on, he crawled off my lap, went and got the remote and pointed it at the TV.  Smart kid!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, he pet your face! Wow, we have a bond =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, such precious moments. SO glad you journaled about it so you will never forget!

    ReplyDelete