We got to Garden of the Gods mid-morning on Tuesday. This is probably one of the prettiest places on Earth, and it's so unique! Plus, Pike's peak is right behind it, so it is a real feast for the eyes!
Parker had a fun time in the backpack and running around saying hi to different people. He started saying "set go," a lot and liked his little shadow!
After a few hours, we headed into town to the Olympic Training Center. I had been there before with my family and was super excited to go again. My dad, brother and I took pictures with these statues last time I was here, so I had to re-create it.
I guess I thought that since it's an Olympic year, the place would be busting with crazy-awesome athletes...you know, like Michael Phelps and Nastia Liukin. We went on a tour and got to see some of the facilities, but we only saw fencers and wrestlers. I left feeling so confused. Where do the big names train? As Steph would say "I guess we left here with more questions than answers." We laughed a lot while we were there because we were all getting a little worn out.
Later than night, another one of my BFF's (home edish) Erin Gehlsen, came out for supper. The three of us girls laughed almost the entire time about things of the past. The two of them live together and it's really cool to see God working in their lives! Love you girls!! Why didn't we take a picture??!!















No comments:
Post a Comment