Monday, December 3, 2012

Thanksgiving

Parker and I headed home Wednesday morning and spent the day with Nat and the kids.  Her and I made some Christmas crafts while the kids played.  We broke our rule of waiting until the day after Thanksgiving to play the Christmas tunes, but we just couldn't work to our full potential without them ;) Here's what we made.


Then we attempted to make some TeePee's with the kids.



The usual Thanksgiving Day traditions were a little different this year.  We got to spend the entire day with Ryan's family instead of trying to go to two in one day.  The Thanksgiving feast was AMAZING, and so were the leftovers...Turkey and Cranberry Panini's =)



We spent the night at my parents that night, and Nat and I set the alarms for 3:30am for our annual shopping extravaganza.  We both thought we slept about two hours total, due to a series of unfortunate events, but we were on the road by four.  We get a lot of guff for taking part in the Black Friday craziness, but to us, it's a fun time to spend together, we get ALL of our Christmas shopping done in one day, and we treat ourselves to Peppermint Mocha's =)  Sounds like a great day to me!

So that pretty much sums up our Thanksgiving, but I did take some time to reflect on the many MANY things I am thankful for.  God has been SO incredibly good to me, and I have seen His provisions in every stage of my life.  I am humbled by His grace and hope to radiate His love wherever I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment