Oh how I love the 4th of July. I am proud to be an American (although I think the song is pretty cheesy), I love hot weather, friends, food, and fireworks. I never used to get too festive with wearing red, white, and blue, but we just so happened to be in Target on the 3rd, so I had to get the kids some patriotic outfits.
We started the morning off with the Wheaton parade. I tell you what, when you're used to the parades in a town of 400 people, a city parade is pretty overwhelming. There were people several rows deep on both sides of the street! I had Adley in the sling, so I stood in the 1 foot wide shade that the light pole was providing until it was time to give her a bottle. Parker enjoyed seeing the firetrucks, horses and tractors.
We came home for lunch and nap, and then headed to North Aurora to our new friends, Omar and Jana Sepulveda's house. It was a great time with friends! The food was amazing!
And the kids kept very busy between "Gator Island,"
a ball pit,
and the swingset.
We saw several fireworks from their backyard and called it a night.
No comments:
Post a Comment