Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Winter Extreme

Wow - Is this a winter or what?!  If it's going to be cold, I prefer snow, so I was really enjoying this winter for a while.  So was Parker.  The boy LOVES to shovel.  He helps clear the driveway and sidewalks.





Usually when he's done with that, he clears the grass off, too ;)



Check out what he did with the neighbor kids.  I cannot believe he stayed in there! In fact, he cried when we told him it was time to come in for supper.


Ryan really encourages the daredevil in Parker when we go sledding.


Adley seems to like it outside, too.  She babbles a lot. 



We found a great sledding hill in Wheaton when my family came to visit.  
It was covered in ice =)  



 When I heard it was going to be -40 degrees for two days straight, I planned ahead.  The last thing I wanted to do was go stir crazy when there was no option of leaving the house.  We had a lot of fun learning about January in Parker Prep those days.    We even made indoor snow!


We played with 'stacking cups.'




And Ryan and the kids made a sweet fort with a "Fort in a Bag" we got from Aunt Meg for Christmas!



That's what we did through the first "Polar Vortex."  Now we are on round two.  We did have preschool this morning, but the kids were taking baths by 3:00, Parker watched a movie at 4, and I ended up ordering Jimmy Johns for us for supper.  Then we were all hyper from 7-8.  I don't mind winter, but when it's too cold to leave the house or play outside, I get a little anxious for Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment