Sunday, March 23, 2014

Timber Ridge Lodge

My parents gave my us gift certificates to Timber Ridge Lodge for Christmas, so we spent the weekend there with my sister's family a few weekends ago.  After checking in Saturday afternoon, we went down to the indoor water park.  I was expecting Adley to love the water and Parker to be timid, since she loves a bath and he can't stand getting his hair wet, but it was exactly the opposite.  Parker jumped in right away and found a slide that was just right for him.  He went down at least 100 times in the two days we were there.  Adley didn't mind being in the water, but she definitely did not like getting splashed.  She sure looked cute in her little swimmy suit though!  Of course our camera was out of batteries the first day (story of our lives).  We had a great time on the lazy river, the tube slides and the kiddie pool.

We went back up the suite for pizza.  Then the kids watched movies and somehow we convince Nate and Nat to play Settler of Catan - Cities and Knights, with us =)  We started the game at 8:30pm, and four hours later, I won!  (It's my first time ever winning, and it might not ever happen again, so I just had to mention it).

The next morning, Nate and Ryan went skiing while Nat and I went back to the water park with the kids.  We charged the camera overnight so I did get a few pictures, although the quality isn't great.  




It was definitely nice to get away during this never-ending winter.  Thanks Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment