Thursday, August 5, 2010

Nesting?

Currently, Ryan and I live in a one bedroom apartment. It's a super cute place and we really like it, but things will obviously be a little bit cramped with a baby and all the fun stuff that comes with him. It just so happens that our lease is up September 26...3 days after my due date. We thought about trying to move at the beginning of September, but then we'd have to break our lease and pay two extra months of rent - not cool. We knew we didn't want to move right when our lease is up, because if I have to come home to a place that is boxed up and unorganized, I'll probably go nuts. So, we decided to extend our lease two months. We'll be moving out Nov. 30. Now we just need to decide where our next place is! We love the area that we are in, but it is a bit pricey. We are looking at surrounding suburbs that are a little bit cheaper. Hopefully we will find a townhome to rent.

So, since we are staying here for the first two months, I guess I've started to "nest." At least that's what Nat said. The baby is going to be sharing a room with us, so we need to rearrange, organize, and probably pack up a few things to make it work for a short time. We are just going to use a pack n' play to start with, and then maybe when we move we'll get a crib and dresser for the little guy. Ryan is leaving for a week in the Boundary Waters on Friday and I am going home for the week. I have my first baby shower on August 15th, so I'd like to be able to bring all of those gifts back to our apartment and put them where they belong, instead of storing them at my parents or throwing them in a corner in our apartment. That's why I'm trying to get things taken care of before I head home. We'll see how that goes.

I'm almost 34 weeks and I still have a hard time believing this is all real! I was telling people I was 6 months pregnant for two months, and now all of a sudden I'm 8.5 months! It's like I skipped 7 altogether and time is going so so fast! Pretty soon it's going to be September...oh my my my!

1 comment:

  1. I just had to re-read that line saying you're 34 weeks like five times haha. That's just crazy! Can't wait to meet the lil man and watch you and Ryan be the best parents ever=)

    ReplyDelete