Saturday, December 11, 2010

Yay for Parker!

    Parker had his 2 month check up on Nov. 30.  He was almost 12 lbs and 23 inches long.  He's just getting so big!  (And cute!)  Not only was that his 2 month Birthday, but it was also the day he rolled over 3 times!  He can lift his head up so high off the ground when he's laying on his belly.  Then he just tilts it a little and over he goes!  It's so fun to watch him learn and discover new things.  Now he is rolling over a few times a day.  He's also wearing new clothes everyday because he's just starting to fit in to the 3 month clothes.

     And the biggest news...(I'm sure you've already heard about it on CNN;), Parker slept 10 HOURS STRAIGHT the past 2 nights!  I'm sure that now I've written that, he will begin to wake up every few hours again, but I had to let the world know.  Ryan and I are so excited!  He still stirred a little bit at the hours he was normally waking up, but he went back to sleep right away.  Then, when he wakes up around 7 he is so smiley and happy!  So... if Parker sleeps 10 hours, that means I slept at least 8, which means it was the first time of sleeping 8 hours in 10 weeks.  It.felt.phenomenal!  I didn't even get out of bed all night...the last few months I was pregnant I had to get up to go to the bathroom 3 times, haha!  I guess you could say I'm a little excited to be getting sleep again, especially since I'll be teaching in the mornings.  Yay for Parker!

     I went in to school 3 days this week to start working with the current teacher, learning the curriculum, and getting to know the students.  I feel pretty comfortable with everything.  I just need to memorize some poems and Bible verses that they already learned.  That way I can review them.  I also have a good start on January's planning.  The curriculum is pretty rigorous, but there is still room for creativity.  Signing my first contract was pretty cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment