I'm going to pretend like it's the 5th of July (as opposed to the 17th of August) and write this like it happened yesterday =)
The first week of July has been a blast! On Friday, Ryan and I went to the Phil Vassar concert at Naperville's Ribfest with our friends from church, Nathan and Coral Svec. I LOVE outdoor concerts! The weather was perfect, we found a good spot for our blanket, and I sung almost every word to each song. After the concert, we went downtown to Red Mango (yummm) and then back to Nathan and Coral's new apartment. Parker was staying with Nana and Poppo for the night, so we decided to live it up and stay out until 1:00am! haha. I was really excited about sleeping in, but I ended up waking up at 7:00. That always happens. We went over to Jake and Andrea McNamara's for a yummy breakfast and helped them move the boards of their deck. It was kind of fun doing some physical labor again. I haven't done any "work" since before I was pregnant. It reminded me of being on SERVE trips again.
At 10:00, Ryan and I went to look at a few houses. We had looked at a few earlier in the week and were pretty discouraged because they were in bad shape. Today's houses were all very nice. They each had their pro's and con's, but our hopes are up for finding a nice home in our price range.
(I never know how long I should make these posts....should I start a new one all about the 4th, even though I already titled this one "4th of July," or just make a super long one?)
Super long one...
On Sunday, July 3rd, we headed from Stillman Valley to Yorkville to visit our friends. We love hanging out there. We talked for a while, went swimming, made pinapple-teryoki burgers for supper and had HUGE smores over the fire. The Knapps just put in a sweet new patio with a fire ring, so we got to test it out. We were able to see some fireworks in the distance, which is always fun =)
Monday afternoon, Mom, Dad, Mike, Deb, Ryan, Parker and I all went to the Morton Arboretum. We biked around for a while, ate a picnic lunch, and explored the rest of the Arboretum. They have a super sweet kids garden, a hedge maze, and a tree that is covered with yarn - kind of like a doily. We had a great time exploring and joking together. Parker loves when you hold his hands and walk now, so we did a lot of that. He also loves riding on Daddy and Papa's shoulders. He was smiling and laughing all afternoon.
That night we went to Westmont to meet up with our friends from church. They were camped out at the top of a huge hill surrounded by a huge park. We played on the playground, played some football, cooked out, and got to know everyone a lot better. It was the first time we had hung out outside of small group, so we officially crossed over into the friends territory =) Parker did really well staying up so late! He got a lot of attention since he was the only kid. He snuggled on me for the first part of the fireworks and watched in awe. It was so fun to watch him and see his face light up with each firework. Since we were at the top of the hill, we could see about 4 different firework shows. It was really neat. Parker started to get a little fussy after about 10 minutes, so Ryan stood up with him and he fell asleep in his arms! He woke back up for the grand finale, but was out like a rock the rest of the night. It was a perfect day!

Yay! I've been waiting for a post from you for a longgg time =) You are such a cute family.
ReplyDelete