Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Rest of July

The rest of a July was a total blur.  After Ryan got home, we said goodbye to our little apartment.  It was definitely bittersweet.  Bitter because brought our first baby home to there, we love Naperville and we had not found another place to live.  And Sweet because it was getting super crowded and we were going to be spending a lot more time with family in the next few weeks. 

Our small group came out to my parent's house for a day.  We rode horses and 4-wheelers, went swimming, and went to the corn boil.  It was a great day had by all!  They want to make it an annual thing.


He loved the corn on the cob!  I think he had 2 whole ears!

The next day was my 24th birthday.  Finally old enough to be married with a child! ;)  My parents gave us money to eat at Texas Roadhouse - my fave!  It was great to go on a date with Ryan.  I love spending quality time with him!  We also did a little shopping.  I got a few new things to teach in, and I got a SUPER cute dress for Gentry's wedding.  Then we came home to funfetti, ice-cream-cone cupcakes.  My mouth melts just thinking about them!  It doesn't get much better than that for a birthday cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment