Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving

I absolutely LOVE the week of Thanksgiving.  Parker and I spent time with friends Monday and Tuesday afternoon, and Wednesday we headed to Byron where we played with Alaina and Hunter for the afternoon.  They are so good with Parker, and they have a lot of fun toys at their house to play with!


Alaina giving Parker a ride.  She thought it was so funny that they both have poofs on their hats.
 

We celebrated Thanksgiving at Poppo and Nana's house.  Parker is really good at saying both of their names now.  He also learned how to quack like a duck!  They have a little stuffed animal that quacks and every time the duck quacked, so did Parker.  It was super cute.  Thanksgiving dinner was delicious!  I think I officially like sweet potatoes!  Sandy made a sweet potato casserole with a pecan crust - amazing.  Parker at a lot of that, cream corn, wheat rolls, and turkey!  I think it's safe to say that he loves Thanksgiving as much as Ryan and I do.  It was great to see Ryan's immediate and extended family.  Parker made some new friends, and got to play with Lena a lot, too.  I need to get more pictures of that girl.  She is constantly smiling and she loves having Parker around.  When she was playing in the exersaucer, Parker gave her a ball, then she threw it down, and he picked it back up and gave it to her again.  This went on for a good five minutes =)

At 5:00 we met up with the Ross Family at Silver Creek Reformed Church.  We decided to have Thanksgiving there so we could all sit at one big table.  They also have a youth room with ping pong, pool, and other games.  Before the prayer, my cousin Jared and his wife, Ashley announced that they were pregnant and due July 4th.  Yayyy!!!  We ate another amazing round of Thanksgiving dinner and enjoyed talking with everyone around the table.  When parker was "all done" he was a ball of energy for the next few hours.  He went on to the stage in the youth room and danced, he said all his animal sounds for everyone, did all of his signs, ran around, and laughed a lot.  While the whole family played catch-phrase, he would walk around in the circle and followed the game.  He enjoyed pushing the timer button while someone was giving clues.

I am overwhelmed with gratitude for all that God has blessed me with!

No comments:

Post a Comment