This year I decided to skip the running and just catch up with all of my old track buddies. The PAC has changed a lot since I graduated. They added a massive weight/fitness room, and re-vamped a lot of the other facilities, including the track. The new surface is awesome, and as soon as I set foot on it, I wanted to put spikes on! Bobbi and I decided we're running again next year. =)
Alumni is so fun because you walk through the doors and see about ten people that you want to tackle. We spent the first half hour saying hi and introducing everyone to Parker. Once Bobbi got there, we went to see coach. It was really weird walking across the track together with kids on our hips. So much has changed in a few short years! Mayci and Parker ran all around the infield while we talked with coach and caught up with the rest of our old friends.
After the meet, the current track team always sits and listens to coach's speal on how time flies. While he was talking, Bobbi and I had a little comentary going on (as usual).
Bobbi: Yeah, pretty soon you won't have any time to work out.
Alison: Yeah, and all of your clothes will be covered in spit-up.
Bobbi: Yeah,and the only reason you look skinny is because you forgot to eat dinner!
| Al and her daughter, Hailey, Me, Bobbi, Mayci Shea, Parker, Liz, Lindsey and Carley. Love you girls! |
After the meet we went to Steve's Pizza with the rest of the Alumni. It's so fun to remember those years, but equally as fun to hear about what they are doing with their life now. Can't wait for next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment