Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 At A Glance

Wow - that went fast!  I am usually big on 'reflecting' on the past year but this year I am having a hard time convincing myself another year has already passed!  It's as if every since Parker was born, time is speeding up exponentially.

Here are a few highlights of 2011. (Not in chronological order).

1- Ryan getting his dream job as a fireman!  Yippee!  I was reading my last year's post and I said I'd like for Ryan to get into PA school.  Thank goodness God is in charge and not me.  When Ryan first applied to Arlington Heights, I was not very excited about it.  I saw no harm in applying, but I really didn't think anything would come of it since it was the only fire job he was applying to.  Over the months, throughout the long hours at PIC and the several steps of the interview process, God really softened my heart and now I am more than thrilled to be a fireman's wife.  Ryan loves going to work and is finally getting to use the gifts God has given him.  Major highlight.


2 - Parker turned one - and everything that comes along with it.

In the past year, Parker has learned to walk, sign, talk, and have lots of fun doing everything in between!  He makes us laugh everyday and our hearts just burst with love for the kid!  He has brought so much joy to our lives.  I like to think about what he will be like in the next year, but I am also going to do my best to enjoy every day because boy is time-a-flying!  See how much he's changed in just a year?!

4 months old
15 months old
We also dedicated Parker to the Lord.




James 4:7 "Resist the devil and he will flee from you.  Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you." 


3 - Growing in multiple friendships.  I have AWESOME friends!  Friends that call me just to talk, stop by when they're in the neighborhood, babysit Parker so Ryan and I can go on a date, encourage me as a wife and mother and in my relationship with God.    They make me laugh until I cry and they cry with me when I'm sad.  I have learned that true friends are a true blessings!  Love you girls!
These are some of my besties.  Apparently I never take pictures with the other ones...Guess I'll do that in 2012!
4 - Ryan and I went to Chicago for our 3 year anniversary.  I LOVE HIM!  We had a great time downtown and have found a lot more time for dating again this year.  We're actually headed to Wisconsin to go on a little ski trip in a few days and I'm SUPER pumped.


5 - Alaina headed to 1st grade cancer-free after beating Leukemia. TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!



 7 - We've had lots of good time with each of our families over the year.  We always look forward to visiting them and we are incredibly thankful to have grandparents, parents, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces and cousins that care for us and wants to have a close relationship with us.



















Whelp I guess that's it.  Thank you God for a healthy, safe and fun 2011!  Let's see how it measured up compared to what I had hoped for in last year's first blog post.  (2010 Highlights and 2011 Aspirations)

1 - I didn't get fast again.  There is just no time for interval training.  I'm actually pretty out of shape unfortunately. 2012 resolution? (just like 99% of the world's).

2- I did keep my job =)

3 - I did start to get in a pretty good routine of reading and praying.  It's had it's ebbs and flows, and still needs lots of improvement.

4 - Ryan didn't get into PA school because he didn't apply!  He's a fireman!

5 - We did move, but it's nothing permanent.

6 - I am starting to get more vocal with my faith, and I really feel like I am willing to be God's servant.

7-  I kept up with the blog!  Hooray!  I love looking at former posts and blogging is one of my favorite things to do while Ryan is on shift.

I'm really exited that I'm done with this post because I'm going to print the blog yearly now.  I want to be able to look back at the years, and I also want my kids and grandkids to have something fun to read =)

No comments:

Post a Comment