Dan and Katey Haskell have been great friends of ours for about five years now. Dan and Ryan actually met in college, although they didn't go to the same school. They have traveled the world together and have grown a lot in their relationship with God along the way. Kate and I met at her wedding and became fast friends shortly after. She is a super encouraging friend and I can always count on her for a good laugh...and a great nutella frappuccino! It's kind of funny how different we are, but for some reason we work really well together. She encourages me in my walk with the Lord, to be a better wife, mom and friend, and to shop at TJMaxx ;) Oh, and Josiah and Parker are bff's so, that's a major plus.
We do a lot with the Haskells. I mean, they are practically our neighbors now that we live in Wheaton. (20 minutes is considered neighbors right?) Here are some highlights.
They came up to the Arlington Heights Fest and the kids got to ride some carnival rides for the first time. I can't believe I'm to the point in my life where I used my free ride passes on the Merry-Go-Round instead of the Inverter.
It's so funny how watching your kids have fun is even more enjoyable than doing something for yourself.
They rode the merry-go-round once and the fun slide once.
And the car ride at least 10 times.
Then we went to Ryan's firehouse.
As if that wasn't enough fun for one day, we ate at PeiWei AND got Menchie's Frozen Yogurt after. Wow.
A few days ago, Kate and I took the boys to a splashpad. Josiah jumped right in. Parker found the train and a steering wheel so I had to peel him off and run him through the sprinklers to get him to play in the water. After that, they would just go back and forth between the water and the train every few minutes and it was a good time had by all.
Friday night was double-date night. We went to Top Golf in Wood Dale. It's a 3-tier driving range with live music. We have always wanted to go and none of us ever have, so we decided to meet there at 8. Apparently it's a pretty popular because it was a three hour wait! We played bags, ate cheese fries and killed time until 11, when we finally got to golf off the third floor. It was pretty sweet.
![]() |
| Great form |
![]() |
| Good form |
![]() |
| Needs some work, Kate ;) |
Can't wait to go to the USANA National conference in a few weeks with these guys! Love ya!







No comments:
Post a Comment