Sunday, August 12, 2012

Golden Birthday

My golden birthday was a few weeks ago.  Ryan, Parker and I went to the splash pad in the morning (after picking up my free Grande Caramel Mocha from Starbucks) and had some really fun family time!  Parker jumped in right away and Ryan and I basically sat on the side while he ran back and forth to us.  We came home and took naps and then went couch shopping!  We have had either my parents' old couches or Ryan futon from college in our apartments over the years.  Both of which we were very thankful for, but neither a which were very comfortable.  I knew I wanted a couch with a chaise and had done some research the night before, so we looked at The Room Place and Ashley Furniture.  We ended up ordering the one from Ashley a few days later, picked it up a few days ago and absolutely LOVE it!  Thank you Ryan and our parents for my super-sweet-awesome birthday present!

Later that night, Ryan made me his firehouse-famous caramel corn.  Then he let me sleep in the next morning and made me pecan flax pancakes for breakfast.  Isn't he just the sweetest?

Katie Borst and I have birthdays five days apart, so we finally celebrated together last weekend.  We went to the Saddle Up Saloon to do some line dancing.  I borrowed some boots from a friend and Ryan had some sweet belt buckles for us to wear.
It was easily one of the best nights of the summer.  Line dancing is SO much fun!  I tried to catch on to almost every dance and would finally get it on the last chorus and then it'd be over.  I can't wait to go back again!






No comments:

Post a Comment