Sunday, August 12, 2012

Oh Parkie

I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but this summer home with Parker has been so fun and I am so thankful for every day that I've spent with him.  Here are a couple of stories from the past few days that have pretty much melted my heart.

On Saturday, Parker and I ate breakfast together and read LOTS of books.  He would get a book from the shelf and he knows the title of almost every one of them.  I had some classical music on while we were reading and it was really nice, relaxing time together.  Then I was doing some work in the kitchen and he was "reading."  Earlier, we were reading a story that says "I wish I had wings.  I wish I had a tail, etc etc."  He grabbed the book, sat on the couch and said "I wish, I wish I wish."  Then as he looked through the pictures, he made up the rest of the sentence to go with the pictures like, "I wish I ride a bike.  I wish I sit by mommy.  I wish I go ni-night."  Looking at books and making up a story to go with the pictures is something I teach and encourage in KINDERGARTEN!  It was so cute.  He was also singing "Bingo have a name-o." And clapping as he said "B-I-N-G-O."  When we were singing Rat-A-Tat-Tat before bed, he sang "Here come the cows, here come the horsies, here come Parker's owie."  It's so funny what he comes up with for that part.  One night he said "Here come the horsies, here come the cows, here come the horsies....again."  And one time he said "Here come the tractors."   He gave me probably 100 kisses before I put him in his crib, going from cheek to lips to other cheek and back again.

He also likes to call Papa now and say "Hi Papa, how's the Ranger?  How's the tractor?  How's the combine?  How's Gwama doin?" Etc.

Today, Joanie and Kathleen Smith came over and Parker ran right up to Joanie, who was like a second mom to Ryan growing up, and gave her a big hug and cuddled with her without even ever meeting her before.  It was really special...almost like Parker knew that's just what she needed to start her day.  We had such a great time with them.  Parker took a nap later, but he woke up after about an hour.  I went up and got him out, and then he fell asleep on me on the couch in a variety of unusual positions.  We would try to move him to a more comfortable position but he insisted on these.  It lasted for over an hour!





I haven't taken a nap with him since he was a few months old, so I wasn't complaining. I was just trying not to laugh when his head was on my stomach =)

No comments:

Post a Comment