A few weeks ago, Ryan and I decided it was time to attempt our first ever, family movie night. He made some popcorn while I ran out to rent The Lorax. When I got back, we all sat down on our big chaise lounge, covered up with a blankie, and dug in to our bowls of popcorn. Now, how do you picture people eating popcorn? I don't know about you, but my family likes to take a big handful and shove it all in at once, dropping a few kernels along the way. Parker hasn't really had popcorn before, so he has not yet acquired this sophisticated way of eating. He would take one piece at a time, chew it very slowly until it was dissolved in his mouth and then finally swallow. Ryan and I each finished our rather large bowls in a matter of minutes, and Parker's lasted almost the whole movie.
Miraculously, we cuddled as a family throughout the entire motion picture. There were several times Ryan and I just looked at each other and smiled, as if to say, "This is what I always dreamed having a family would be like." Either that or, "Lets make more popcorn." Sometimes it's the little things in life that can be so memorable.
One of our favorite movies!! (Yes, I am SUCH a mom now!) I just love the songs - they are so catchy. :) I'm so impressed you guys made it this long without movies/popcorn... we do too much of that around here but Ole is a popcorn fiend.
ReplyDelete