Saturday, October 5, 2013

Parker is 3!

Our little baby is three years old!  I looked forward to him turning one, I was nervous about him entering the "terrible two's," (which turned out to be pretty terrific), but three seems SO old!  

We decided to stay out at my parents house for his birthday so he could spend some time riding in the combine with Papa.  He was playing with his new combine, grain cart and semi right away in the morning.  Then he wanted to put them in his backpack and go out to the field.  He also brought his favorite card that he got from Uncle Bill and Aunt Bonita.  (You blow out the candle and the monkeys sing Happy Birthday.  Pretty cool!) 


When we got in the combine, he got his toys out and played on the floor,


and on the window.


He liked watching the "bine thing," aka the bean head, 
and watching the beans pour into the top of the combine. 


Grandma brought out some leftover soup and cornbread from the party for lunch,
 and then she took him to Culvers to get some custard.  What a special treat!


The rest of his day was spent like this.





 He rode for EIGHT hours!  I think farming is in his blood.


He was running because he thought the combine was coming to get him.  haha




The next morning, Ryan and Parker made three trips to Freeport with the truck and trailer to get 3,000lb bricks to stack inside the hoop building.  They used the loader to line them up.  I came to get them at noon and they were just having the best time together.  I'm pretty sure all of Parker's birthday wishes came true!  



Adley and I had a great morning together, too =)




1 comment:

  1. This makes me so happy. I just love how much he loves your daddy and farming! Happy Birfday, Parker!

    ReplyDelete