Friday, December 20, 2013

Trailer Obsession

Everyone knows Parker loves tractors, firetrucks, any type of farm equipment, and he's recently taken a liking to boats.  However, he has developed a philosophy that none of them are worth much without a trailer.  When we go to my parent's house, he's always asking my dad to hook a trailer up to his truck and put the ranger or skid loader on it.  We got him a tractor and dump trailer for his 2nd birthday that he still plays with everyday, but now his imagination has really taken over.  He can turn anything into a truck and trailer.  Allow me illustrate.

The little green block is the truck, his bed is a trailer with a skid loader on it. The blanket hanging off is the bucket.  He's sitting in cab driving, and the book is his steering wheel.  


He was pretending to pick up and and dump the Mr. Potato Heads.


He makes this exact same thing probably once a week 
and he always calls it a pickup truck with trailer and a boat on it....


Phase 10 is a trailer holding all the other games.


He got to pick out some lego's and he chose these.




The bigger the load, the better.





This is a truck with a trailer, too.


And finally, today he was pulling this chair all around saying he was hauling corn.


 I am going to be shocked if this kid does not grow up to be a farmer. 

He does more than just build trailers.  He likes to "read' through piles of books.  He says he's doing Bible Study with Deuce.  He likes to make up songs.  At first, the lyrics were simple - "If you want to do somethings, then do something.  Do the do the do (Repeat)."  Now they're getting a little more meaningful and catchy - "Jesus, I love you Jesus.  Jesus, Heesus, Beesus.  Bee's, Bumblebee's  (laughter)."  He also sings to real songs on the radio.  His current favorite is "I need you oh I need you. Every hour I need you. My one request, my righteousness, Oh God how I need you!"  It brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it.  

Ahhh - I'm trying to remember some of the other funny things he's said lately.  They happen daily.  The other night, Ryan and him were playing outside in the snow and Ryan was building a wall of snow.  Parker assumed it was a firetruck and that they needed to go save Deuce at "North County Field Country Road." 

Don't lose your imagination, Parker!  It is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment