Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Illinois/Wisconsin Line

So there's this song by Florida/Georgia Line, that goes like this...

"It's that elm shade, red rust clay you grew up on, 
that plowed-up ground that your dad tried is luck on
The post-game party field you circled up on
And when it rains you get stuck on

Drift a cloud back behind county roads that you run up....
Makes you wanna build a ten percent down, white picket fence house on this dirt.

You know you came from it and someday you'll return to it."

It was playing on my radio on the way out to my parent's farm and I got the goosebumps.  So, the song by Illinois/Wisconsin Line (me) goes like this...

"It's that maple shade, bright green lawn I grew up on,
the no-tilled ground that my dad made a life on
The tiny red rider seat I discussed my whole life on,
When it snowed, pulled a sled on.

Always training for something, country road that I ran up...
Makes me want to build a 20% down, big lawn and garden house on this dirt.

I know I came from it and someday I'll return to it."

We had such a great time out at the farm for a few days.  Ryan drove the grain cart and Parker rode with him or Papa from start to finish everyday.  We may not ever return to it completely - more like living a little more rural than suburbs but not too far from Ryan's work - but it will always be such special place to me.  And I'm banking on Parker growing up to be a farmer =)



No comments:

Post a Comment