Sunday, January 3, 2016

First Snow Pie

We have been watching a significant amount of holiday baking shows, and were inspired by a woman from Galena who baked a first snow pie with her kids each year.  No, it's not a pie made out of snow.  It just means that you bake a pie when it snows for the first time that year =)

One week after that beautiful football game I went to, there was a serious blizzard!!  Ryan and I were actually gone that day, but when we picked the kids up that evening, we went to Mariano's to get the supplies for our first ever, first snow blueberry pie.

We got home around 7pm and got to work.  Adley feel asleep 15 minutes into the process. We weren't really sure if we did the crust correctly, and it didn't look too promising going into the oven, but Ryan can make anything, so I knew it'd be good.  We got it into the oven around 9...only to realize it needed to bake for an hour!  We started laughing so hard.  What a way to start a tradition.  

We put in a movie and Parker ended up falling asleep on the couch, so Ryan and I ate some together at 10:30.  It was delicious - just like I expected it to be.


The kids tried it the next day and thought it was pretty good, too!





Then we went outside to finally play in it!


Parker wanted me to build him a slide out of the little pile by the road.  I put one scoop on top and told him that was about as good as it could be.  Then I slide down it to try and make a little path.  He ended up having quite a lot of fun on our little "slide."  Adley did, too.


The next day, Parker asked Ryan to help him make a slide.  Are you kidding me?  Steps to the top, ridges on the sides and completely smooth?  I laughed so hard when I saw it.  Dad's got skills!












No comments:

Post a Comment