Sunday, January 3, 2016

Parker Accepts Jesus!

Parker has been asking so much about God, Jesus and what it means to be Christian.  Ryan and I have had some great conversations with him, but we didn't want to take the conversation further than he was ready for.

The day after Halloween, we planned to meet up at a forest preserve with my parents and my sister.  On the way, Parker asked, "Why does Daddy call other guys brother?"  So, I started explaining that they are brothers in Christ.  He asked more about that and then started asking more about how God is Jesus, the Holy Spirit, Jesus dying, etc etc.  This conversation lasted about a half hour and the whole time I was praying about whether I should ask Parker if he wants to accept Jesus into his heart. I don't remember the exact way the entire conversation went, but we were talking specifically about why Jesus died on the cross, and Parker responded, "So Jesus died so we don't have to?" I really felt like he had and age-appropriate understanding needed to accept Jesus as his Savior.  I asked him if he would like to pray with me to make it official and he excitedly said yes =)

With tears in my eyes, we prayed a sweet prayer together.  <3 and="" away="" called="" course="" e="" he="" hear="" nbsp="" news.="" of="" overjoyed="" p="" right="" ryan="" the="" to="" was="">

This is a day we will remember forever =)


No comments:

Post a Comment