Sunday, November 13, 2016

Adley's "Princess" Room

Because we've always rented, I've never really decorated a bedroom. I was very excited to turn Adley's room into a sweet little oasis. She wanted it to be a princess room, but I told her it would make her feel like a princess without having pictures of Disney princesses on the walls ;)

Nana, Adley and I picked out her bedding and curtains a week before we move. Then she got a mattress soon after we moved, I ordered a bed frame, and then I was ready to paint! 

I was ready to rock and roll, but it turned out that morning Parker wasn't feeling well. He ended up just falling asleep on the floor and Adley just talked to me while I painted the trim.


There was a bookshelf covering that whole wall, so behind it was white.





Not for long! We went with "tame teal" to match the flowers in the bedspread. Luckily, Parker woke up feeling much better, and by that time, Adley was ready for a nap, so he helped me paint. 







I got a lot done that day, and then my mom and Ryan helped me finish. I was so sick of painting by the end, and her room is not that large....oh boy.

Now time to put together the bed!




Ta-Da!



Next was the reading corner. I had my heart set on a hoop canopy. I tried to make it and it was a sideways mess of curtains. haha. I put Ryan and Nana on the job and they made it just like I imagined! LOVE IT! She also made a super fun bean bag to go inside. 

Finally, the polka dots. Nana and I were laughing so hard at this process. We could not figure out exactly how to measure it out, but once we did, we dominated. It's perfect.

I also spray-painted her curtain rod gold to match the polka dots &  her name I had saved from her 1st birthday party. I wanted the kids' rooms to be full of scripture, so since we'll be memorizing verses with the ABC's this year for Adley's Alphabet (homeschool preschool), I got these adorable verse cards on Etsy and hung them on the opposite wall.

I absolutely LOVE how it turned out, and Adley does, too!











No comments:

Post a Comment