Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas and New Years Eve

   The past 3 weeks have gone SO quickly, but that's no surprise.  I always feel like time goes so so fast.  The last week of school went well.  I met my student's parents, learned the curriculum, and planned out most of January's lesson plans.  I start in two days and I can't wait! 

     We were able to go home for 6 days for Christmas.  How fun!  We spent a lot of time with family, saw a few friends, played LOTS of games, and laughed a lot. 

Cranberry-Orange-Nut Bread and Peanut Brittle we made for friends.

What a cute little present!



Confused?  Those are Nat's kids =)
Cousins
Our 1st Family Christmas
I love my family!

     This past week I worked on lesson plans a little more, went over the babysitter's house and played, and took Parker to Grandma and Papa's house for his first overnight!!!  It was a little sad leaving him because he was screaming in his carseat, but he did really good the rest of the night and the next morning.

     For New Years Eve, Ryan and all of the other husbands in our small group planned a super fun day/night for us girls.  First, they sent us to get a mani/pedi, then we came back to appetizers and we got ready. 

Getting our nails did.
Beautiful nails and beautiful rings.
Finally ready to go join the boys.
Always have to take a goofy one.
     Meanwhile, they were cooking up Spanish Tapas at the Knapps.  It was super fun getting ready with the girls, and every time we talked to the guys they said "take your time, take your time."  They cooked for over 4 hours, went through every pot in the kitchen (twice), and cleaned it all up before we got there.  We felt so loved =) 
Tapas
Enjoying the tasty food!
Bestest of Friends
Love them!
Our Husbands
Goofing around.



     Then we played Minute to Win It!  I might just have to put some videos up of that.  It was hilarious.  Joei successfully pulled all of the tissues out of 2 boxes of Kleenexes, Nick threw 12 pencils up in the air and caught them all with the same hand, and Ryan wiggled 10 ping-pong balls out of a box attached to the back of his belt.  I highly suggest playing at home sometime.  It's a blast.  We also played a little bit of Dance Central on the Kinect! 
She rocked those Kleenexes!
David got both eggs into the square!
Nick caught all 12!
      We reflected on 2010 and are all very thankful that we have found friends in the same walk of life as us, and have grown in our marriages because of it.  God is so good!

Happy 2011!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment