Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Playing Catch-Up

I am a very inconsistent blogger!  I will write two or three times in a row, feel really good about myself, brainstorm ideas for more posts, and then go a month without writing anything.  So much has happened in the past few weeks, too!  I'll do my best to catch up.

Parker is scooting all over the place and pulling himself up on everything.  He started doing this worm-like scoot when he was about 6 months old.  He's gotten pretty good at it, and is now attempting to crawl. He's still a lot faster at scooting, so that's what he usually resorts to.  It's crazy that he pulls himself up on everything.  He started that when he was about 7 months old.  He gets pretty excited when he does it, and usually laughs at himself once he's standing.  He's even started to transfer himself from one thing to the next while standing.

Parker is just so easy to love!  He's super cute, happy 99% of the time, and is very easy going.  One day, however, he figured out how to stand up in his bed.  I tried teaching him how to get down, but he doesn't let you bend his legs, so it was unsuccessful.  He ended up not taking a nap that day.  Then, when I went to nurse him, he refused!  He's never done that before.  To top it off, I was feeding him some pears and he spit them out.  I looked over at Ryan (who was trying to hold in the laughs) and said "Who is this child?!"  He was such a little rebel that day.  He hasn't refused to eat or spit out his food since then, but he still wanted to stand up in his bed.  On Monday (my first day home for the summer), his first nap was great.  When it came time for the second nap, he kept standing up, so I'd put him down, rub his back, sing to him...repeat.  I did that for an hour and I finally gave up.  Then I figured he was super tired by the time his 3rd nap came around.  Same thing!  Stood up, screamed, I tried to play music, turn a fan on, you name it.  Nothing worked.  So....he didn't take any naps that day.  Yesterday it was time for his morning nap and he stood up right away.  The kid needs naps!  I didn't know what to do, so my mom told me to let him cry and he'd eventually sit down and go to sleep.  He screamed for 45 minutes, I heard a thud, and then he finally slept.  There have been two more naps since then and he hasn't stood up, so hopefully he gets it now?  I don't want to listen to him cry like that again!  Sorry Parker, I love you too much to let you not take naps =)

Aside from Parker, nothing is too new in Ryan's life or my life.  Ryan has an interview for Arlington Heights Fire Department on June 22nd, and I signed my contract at NCA for next year.  We are still considering moving, but not exactly sure where or when.

Summer is in full swing. I've been to the pool a lot already and I tend to keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment