Meet me in St. Louis, Louis! I always have to sing that when I'm thinking about St. Louis. On Saturday morning, Mike, Deb, Ryan, Parker and I headed south for my cousin Todd's wedding. It was Parker's first "road trip," and it went very well - mostly thanks to his silly Aunt Deb in the back seat. She entertained him (and I) quite a bit! We got to see a majority of my mom's side of the family that we haven't seen in a long time. We headed to the reception and got to stay in a super-sweet suite in a 12-story-with-glass-elevator hotel. It was fun, considering Ryan and I haven't been in a hotel together since our honeymoon! Nat and her family were on their way home from DisneyWorld, so they met us at the hotel. We all played a little and then headed to the reception. The appetizers were delicious, the decorations were beautiful and unique, and there were lots of sweets. Yummmm!
Sunday morning we had an awesome breakfast at the hotel, and then Mom, Dad, Mike, Deb, Ryan, Parker and I headed for the Arch. I've been there a few times before, but never went to the top. It was quite the experience. Parker was a little cranky because it was his lunchtime, so we fed him peas in the teeny capsule on the way up. He cried some at the top, but really enjoyed looking out the windows. I guess he's not scared of heights =)
The ride home was great, too. Parker took a nice nap, and then we all entertained him by singing Disney songs. The best was when Mike took over The Beast's part in, "There must be something there that wasn't there before." We all busted up laughing but Parker did not like that! He started crying pretty hard. He does that from time to time. When a group of people laugh, he gets scared and screams! We'll have to get him used to it.
We are so thankful to have family that we LOVE to spend time with!
No comments:
Post a Comment