Like I said, we also attended Alaina's "Done with Leukemia" party (along with 190 others). The day was hot, but the party was perfect. There was a bouncy house, sprinklers, sno-cones, cupcakes, and other treats. They also collected a few tables full of toys for her to bring to the Children's Hospital in Madison. The day before the party, we were helping get things set up and were watching the slideshow Nat had put together. In the background, a song by Laura Story was playing. While watching this slideshow of her treacherous journey through chemotherapy, Alaina was singing word for word, "What if Your blessings come through raindrops? What if Your healing comes through tears? What if 1,000 sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near? What if trials in this life are your mercies in disguise?" I had some serious goosebumps and tears flooded my eyes. My prayer is that she can really meditate on those words in the years to come and continue to grow in the understanding that God healed her and deserves all the glory. Praise God for my healthy 6 year old niece!!
That's so sweet that Alaina was singing all the words. What a gift. PS I love that you do lots of updates all at once =)
ReplyDeleteWell guess what? I love that you actually read my blog, and that ALL of my comments are from you. Pleae keep it up =) You make me feel real real special ;)
ReplyDelete