Thursday, February 23, 2012

Balentime's 2012

We celebrated Valentine's on the 13th this year since Ryan worked the 14th.  It's always fun thinking about when he proposed, coloring pictures for each other, baking chocolatey treats, and going on a date.  I definitely came home to a treat that day.  Ryan and Parker made me a double-layered chocolate cake with peanut butter-buttercream frosting!  And to top it off, it was in the shape of a heart.  Ryan is definitely a man of many amazing talents. Baking is one of them.  He made it all from scratch and it was perfect! 


Made with lots of love
Parker helped him dump in the flour and sugar.  Isn't that so cute?  Ryan's new motto is, "If you help Daddy bake, you get to lick the beaters."  So, here's how it went!

Beginning - Ooo. What's this?
Middle - Yummmm
End - I really like helping Daddy!






   
  
The babysitter came later that night and we headed to Costco to get a discount on movie tickets.  We paid $15.99 for two.  Sounds like a decent deal right?  Well...Monday night movies aren't as expensive as weekend ones.  We didn't realize that until after we gave them our tickets.  We ended up paying $.50 more by using the Costco ones.  We got a good laugh out of that. 

We saw "The Vow."  Super cute!  Then we talked about what it would be like if I woke up in a hospital bed thinking I was still in high school and Ryan walked in and told me he was my husband.  I would've been ECSTATIC!  (I had a minor crush on him throughout the years ;) 

I love you, Ryan!

(Sounds like I'm a lame wife huh?  I am.  I was going to make him blueberry muffins like I always do, but he requested Blueberry Buckle and I haven't made it yet.  He did get a coffee bean grinder and espresso maker that he really wanted though ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment