Over the weekend, Ryan and I headed up to Green Bay, Wisconsin, for Darrell and Trista's Wedding. We've never set food in cheesehead-land before, but it wasn't so bad. No one forced us to wear the worst -possible color combination (green and gold), so that was nice.
Darrel and I hurdled together at UWP and became great friends. Then Trista transferred in my Junior year and joined track, and Ryan and Darrell became buddies my last two years of college. Darrell and Trista are both so much fun! We're so happy to see them get hitched!
 |
| Super cute cake - All of the color-coordinating was impressive! |
 |
| LOVED the red tractor card-holder. We'll have to steal that for Parker's wedding in 25 years ;) |
 |
We got to catch up with our good friends, Dave and Liz Boivin and Nate and Lindsey Henry at the reception. I am so blessed to have incredible friends that made my college experience so memorable! |
 |
| MRS. Liz Boivin and I |
 |
| With Nate and Lindsey |
 |
| These guys made the night a REAL blast! |
They had a Polka band at the reception. Ryan and I have never polka'd before, but we figured it out pretty quickly. It's super tiring! My calves were killing me after just one song. Then I felt like a dork when the dance floor was full of senior citizens who were dancing the night away. The DJ took a break from the polka and played some good dance songs. However, Liz and Darrell got a little too into them. Liz's dress ripped part-way up the back and Darrell's split his pants! Luckily the DJ had some black duct tape to help them out. Once the tape was applied, they were back to dancing!
Ryan and I kinda treated the wedding weekend as a little getaway. We stayed at a hotel in Appleton and slept in! (Such an amazing feeling!) We set our alarms so we wouldn't miss the continental breakfast (haha, that sounds so cheap!) and watched Big 10 track on TV until 2:00. I love spending time with my awesome husband - and I love that he is a track junkie like me!
No comments:
Post a Comment