Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Early Anniversary

Ryan and I went to Muskegon State Park in MI for a little anniversary getaway.  Our Anniversary isn't until August 16, but my sister offered to take the kids, so we just found a time when she was available.  We got there Tuesday evening, set up camp, and went for a long walk on the beach.  (I hear those are romantic).


Then we just sat and talked about life, marriage, and how we're committed to making it/keeping it great.  Now that we have little kids, I think we've both started to realize what people mean when they say marriage is "work."  I'm just so thankful I'm married to someone that is not only willing to work to keep us together, but wants to work toward an exceptional, God-centered marriage.


We made pizza pie's and apple pie's over the fire, and then it started to rain...and it didn't stop raining until 11:00 the next morning.  I was pretty thankful that Ryan decided to put up an extra rain tarp.



And I actually didn't mind that it rained because we took advantage of sleeping in - a definite rarity these days.  We packed everything up, went out for 'breakfast' and headed home.  It was short, but it was a great time away and we were starting to miss our babies :)






1 comment:

  1. Early congrats you two! It;s great to see couples working on keeping it great all the time!

    ReplyDelete