Thursday, August 1, 2013

Filler

It's August, and all I know is that I'm SUPER thankful that I'm not stressing about getting Kindergarten plans together.  I can't imagine going back to work with two cuties at home.  And I can't fathom trying to get ready and out the door everyday by 7:00.

So there are a few things I need to go back and "fill in" from July.  I'll start with some Parker classics.
1 - He manipulated his way into getting an extra vitamin because "Duece needed one, too."
2 - He climbed on to the roof of the Grand Am "because he needed his exercise."
3 - He asked if Hosanna was Jesus's middle name.
4 - He picked a flower for me one day, and I put it in a regular drinking glass with water on the table.  A few nights later, we were getting home late from a friend's and he was super thirsty.  He walked in the door, walked over to the table, threw the flower on the floor and drank the water =)  We saw him drinking it, but found the flower a little bit later and laughed out loud for quite a while when we put the pieces together.
5 - He does a lot of inward singing.  For example, he will sing "In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps to (inward breathing while singing) niiiiight."  That probably makes no sense, but I'm trying to write it in a way that I will remember it in years to come.

My SBF, Steph came to visit earlier in July.  We had so much fun.  We went to Rice Lake Pool in the evening.  The night was hot and perfect.  The next day was roasting again, so we went to the splashpad.  I LOVE that girl.  We always pick up right where we left off, she's so encouraging, and she is so on fire for God, which spurs me on as well.

I had a GREAT birfday.  A bunch of my best friends went down to Lucas and Angie Knapp's for a birthday brunch.  We spent the entire morning outside on their patio, went swimming in the afternoon, Ryan took me shopping in the evening, and we went to an awesome restaurant called Brio Tuscan Grille at night.  The weather was perfect, which is saying a lot considering the next five days were rainy and/or below 70.  

Yay July!

No comments:

Post a Comment