And here we are, halfway through November! We've just been livin' life, and the kids are growing like weeds! Adley is sitting up by herself, babbling, laughing and waving. She is seriously too cute! She also started eating avocado and butternut squash. I can't say that she particularly likes either of them. Right now she pretty much pushes it all back out of her mouth. Practice makes perfect! We had a few weeks of rough nights with her. She was waking up almost every hour and we weren't really sure why. She's shown signs of teething, but nothing has poked through yet. I can't wait to see what she looks like with teeth! On the plus side, she slept from 8:30-6:30 the last two nights without a peep. Keep it up, Adley girl!
Best sweatshirt ever!
This picture makes me laugh.
Parker is still pretending everything is a trailer. No matter what kind of toy he's playing with...blocks, lego's, blankets, puzzle pieces, shoes, magnets, etc. He can make anything into a trailer. He's also graduated from parades to piles. "Mess piles" to be exact. I'm not exactly sure where he got this concept, but I have been trying to keep the house cleaner because I'm paranoid that he's learning those bad habits from me! haha
He also has a new pretend friend named Welvin Telvin. He lives in Naperville. Parker's logic skills are really improving. Take this for example.."Dad, I'm a fireman, and firemen don't get spanks. So you can't spank me, because I'm a fireman." Makes sense right? When I asked him when the last time he got his ears cleaned was, he answered (without hesitation) - Seven. We are constantly laughing at the things he comes up with, and Adley thinks he's pretty funny, too.
Daddy took him out to lunch and for a walk at Danada Forest Preserve.
I almost forgot! Parker got over his fear of the Chic-Fil-A cow. Well kind of. Whenever we go there, he has to scan the entire restaurant before we even walk in the door to see if the cow is there. Once he knew it was safe, we walked in, found a spot, and he went in to the play place. Not long after, I heard a familiar scream coming from that area. Sure enough, the cow was in there, and Parker did NOT like it! I went in, reassured him that the cow was nice, that it loved Jesus, and that he didn't need to be afraid. Then, the unthinkable happened...Parker gave the cow a hug!!
He hugged the cow probably a dozen times while we were eating. Then he went back in to the play place. Not long after, I hear another familiar scream coming from that area. The cow was in the there again and Parker was screaming, AGAIN! I went in and reminded him that he just hugged the cow and that the cow was nice - to which he replied "Oh yeah. I was just being silly. I'm not really scared of the cow." Silly boy.



No comments:
Post a Comment