We had the privilege of going to Ryan's firehouse for the first annual, Family Pumpkin Carving Day, last Sunday. I am so thankful that he works with a bunch of guys who like to do this kind of stuff! What a blessing! We always enjoy visiting the firehouse, but this day was extra fun. We laid everything out and got right to work.
I was so impressed that everyone came prepared with their ideas and carving tools. We asked Parker what he wanted carved in his pumpkin. You'll never guess what he chose...
Time for a tasty treat!
After most of us were finished, we all enjoyed salad and spaghetti together - firehouse style. When I make spaghetti, it's basically noodles with a can of tomato sauce on top. Not here! They made their own sauce with all sorts of goodness, and the salad was equally amazing.
Ryan continued to carve.
We brought all the pumpkins into the library and lit them up. They turned out SO good!
Ryan's wasn't actually finished when we lit them all up, but you can see why. Boy's got skills!
We finished off the evening with some pumpkin pie. This may sound crazy, but I've never actually had a full piece of pumpkin pie. Pumpkin is not my favorite flavor in the world, but I decided to try it again. Survey says... Ryan and Jim make a mean pumpkin pie!!
We left for home around 6:00. Parker and Adley both fell asleep on the way, and Parker went straight to bed and didn't wake up until 7:30 the next morning. I'd say he had a pretty good time.


No comments:
Post a Comment