Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Visit From My SBF

A couple of weekends ago, my SBF, Steph, was able to visit for the day.  She currently lives in Denver and recently accepted at job at Denver Children's Hospital...that's how awesome she is.

Steph and I grew up in the same church, GVCRC.  I still have no idea why her family chose to drive all the way from Freeport to attend a small country church, but I'm sure glad they did!  We decided to be best friends our Junior year of high school, and we went through a lot together.  Steph has always has such a firm faith in God and I could always count on her to point me in the right direction.  Despite the fact that we went to different high schools and had a lot of different interests, we somehow maintained an incredibly close relationship.  People told us that would diminish after we left for college, but it didn't.  I'd even say it got stronger.  I feel so special that she only spends a few weeks in Illinois every year, and  somehow I see her every time she comes home.  Last year we were able to visit her in Denver, too!  

I had high hopes for our time together.  I knew she missed the colors of Fall, so we were going to go to a festival at the forest preserve, carve pumpkins, and do everything Fall... it rained.  We still carved pumpkins, drank hot nutella-chocolate and watched a movie though.  I even took of work on Monday.  I was all excited to go out to breakfast that morning, and for some reason I accidently picked an up-scale creperie in downtown Wheaton.  We showed up in holey jeans, hoodies, and messy hair.  The other customers were wearing fur sweaters. Oh the memories!

I love you, Steph!  You have been such a blessing to my whole life and I am always encouraged by you!  Thanks for being awesome and sticking with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment