I hadn't really put much thought into Parker's costume this year because Ryan will be on shift. I still want to take him out, but it won't be the same as being able to do it as a family. If you ask Parker what he wants to be for Halloween, he will answer, "Papa." Have I told you how much he loves my dad? Totally cute. I think I will still try to do something that resembles Papa when we go home next weekend, but last night we decided on the fireman. He had a hat from last year and Nat had a coat, so we thought that would be just fine.
I ran out to get a Redbox last night and ended up getting a little pumpkin for Parker to put his candy in. I showed it to him when I got home and he said, "Is this for me? Oh, thank you mommy!" Ten seconds later..."Mommy, is this mine? Oh thank you!" He said that at least 50 more times throughout the night. When it was time to go to bed, he asked for his pumpkin to be in his big-boy bed with him.
We took him to Downtown Wheaton for their business trick-or-treat this morning and boy was it ever fun! At first he kind of just looked around and walked super slow. Then after he got his first sucker, he asked if he could eat it, so we let him.
Then we went to the next store where he got some Skittles. He said, "I please eat this now?" Haha. Don't worry, we cut him off after the sucker.
We went up and down the streets and he got more and more used to saying "Trick or Treat!" and thanking them after they gave him candy. We saw SO many cute kids! The streets were filled. We stopped in at Starbucks and got an apple cider to complete the morning.
Edible Arrangements had chocolate-covered apples.
When we were all done, Daddy gave him a shoulder ride...but he didn't leave go of his pumpkin!
We got home and Ryan made omelettes for lunch. Of course, Parker was begging for a "trick or treat," and he ended up refusing lunch and throwing quite the fit until falling asleep for two hours. I'm just going to block that part out of my memory;) It was the perfect morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment