- Go to an Apple Orchard
- Go to an Illini Game (or Bears)
- Ride with my Dad, brother, Ryan, and my Uncles and cousins during harvest.
I can't explain why it's so great to ride out to the field in a semi and jump in the combine and grain carts, but it just is. I've always loved riding. When I was little, I would get home from school and go right out to the field with my dad. Sometimes I would even take naps on the floor of the combine. I've always loved playing in the corn, bringing food out to the workers, and having one-on-one time with my Dad and everyone else. That's probably why every Fall I re-convince myself that we need to move out to the country and be closer to the farm. It is just SO special, I'm incredibly thankful that I grew up around it all, and I can't think of a better way for my kids to grow up.
Well, we're pretty sure that if Parker had a choice, he would live on the farm. Actually, he'd never leave Papa's house if we didn't make him. He loves riding everything. He'll talk about it all week and then ride for hours on the weekend. One of the best weekends for harvest is Columbus Day weekend. (This year they actually finished harvesting everything on that day, which is almost unheard of). Pretty much the entire Ross Family comes home, no matter where they live, and everything is solely run by relatives. It's like a Case IH Roulette throughout the day because every driver has at least one rider at all times. Now it's getting be more like two or three riders at a time since there are so many grandkids these days. Parker and I got out to the field twenty minutes after he woke up on Monday. When he walked out the door he said, "Hi Scout! (dog) Yay! Oh and there's the corn! Yay! And there's Papa up there. Hi Papa! How are you? There's the corn! Yay!" He was clapping and jumping around like crazy. Of course he had to take his combine out with him.
Here he is riding in everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment