Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas in Wheaton

Ever since the party in Arlington Heights, Parker has been really interested in Santa.  He actually pretends to be Santa quite frequently.  He rides his "sleigh," aka his bed, to the North Pole several times a day.   His reindeer are his little stuffed friends Simon, Glow Worm, Mickey, and Sheep.  One morning he woke up and said "Hi Mommy.  I'm Santa.  Nice to meet you."  Gotta love his imagination!

Ryan, Parker and I were all home one afternoon and thought it'd be fun to make M&M pretzels.  Parker loves both of these, and he loves to help, so naturally it sounded like a good time.  We did manage to get quite a few made, but Parker ate quite a few!  We showed him how put place the M&M in the middle of the pretzel, and the first few he just dipped in the white chocolate and ate them immediately.  We finally convinced him they taste even better if you wait.


After he had eaten more than his fair share, we told him he could have a plain pretzel.  He said 'ok,' and then looked at Ryan and said, "Can I have M&M?"

Because of the fireman's on 24 hours, off 48 schedule, we haven't really been able to establish our own family Christmas schedule yet.  Especially since we go home for the 24th and 25th.  This year we exchanged presents on the 23rd.  Parker and Ryan got me the SWEETEST willow tree figurine.  It's a mom holding her son with their foreheads together.  Parker and I do that every night.  It instantly brought tears to my eyes.  Mostly because I know we won't be able to do that forever, he's growing up so fast blah blah blah - but I am so thankful for all of the special times we have together now! 


Parker got some sweet Cat construction toys.  
But he didn't want to smile for the camera ;)

He also got a Christmas DVD, a tractor book, and a firetruck!


His version of the nativity scene. 
He gave them all a ride in the truck.

Oh, and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom jammies!  What a cutie.

Looking forward to many years of Christmas memories to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment