Christmas Eve was a little different this year because Grace Valley Christian Reformed Church, the church I attended my whole childhood, was not having a Christmas Eve service. They had it the night before. Christmas Eve at my parents house usually consists of playing ping-pong in the afternoon, eating soup and sandwiches for supper, scrambling to get everyone all dolled up for church and then coming home to open presents afterward. This year we still played and ate soup - then we skipped straight to the presents! I had a hard time getting pictures and enjoying the moment, so I only took a few.
I have to admit, it was hard not having Ryan there, but we were able to Skype with him. I really had NOTHING to complain about considering he had the entire week before and after the 24th off.
Parker and I met Ryan at his parent's house the next morning. We were greeted by more cinnamon and pecan rolls. Do you think I turned them down? Man those things are irresistibly GOOD!
After we cut Parker off, he went straight for the tractor-filled barn.
Parker finished the day with Charlie Brown Christmas and cheese balls =)
Ryan and I stayed late and played Dominion with Karl and Meg for several hours. Good times for sure - considering I spit my drink out twice and laughed a LOT!
No comments:
Post a Comment