We rode a tram from place to place. Parker loved it.
He even put his hands up when we were going downhill ;)
Our dream garden.
Sweeping the porch in his clogs.
Parker gathering eggs.
Nothin like a little Father-Son wood-working.
The Inn
Oxen are HUGE!
Blacksmith
The bike-riding club.
What a great learning experience. These types of places are kind of boring as a kid, but as an adult I just try to imagine what it was like to live like that. I mean, they literally worked to live. I found myself a little bit envious of the "simplicity" of that concept, but also so thankful for the many things that we have now. I don't necessarily want to work to live, but I would love to have my own garden and some chickens or something. I love that the Dad was usually around and the sons were usually working right "be next" them (as Parker would say). How powerful for a young man to be able to spend so much quality time working with and learning from his dad. I'm thankful that I get to have hobbies and a car and so many luxuries, but I do like all of the homemade stuff, and the idea of praying and putting my faith in God to provide for literally my every need. I'm trying to take all the benefits of that lifestyle long ago and apply it to this modern, techonology-crazed, everything is handed to me life.
No comments:
Post a Comment