Friday, July 22, 2016

Church, Family & A Return To St. Mary' s Glacier!


 Sunday morning we went to church at Rockland where Ryan did his 1 year fellowship back when we started dating. It was fun to be back and see a lot of the same faces. Plus they had donuts, haha. Then we met Ryan's cousin Lewis and his fiance, Austin for lunch in Evergreen. It was great seeing them and we found out they're getting married in Denver next June...so I guess we get to come back. Yippee!



Last August, Ryan and I came to Denver to visit Steph for just a few days and we hiked St. Mary's Glacier. It was one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen! 



So, we wanted to go back and see what it looked like in a different season.






It was super snowy and SUPER windy. Adley was NOT a fan.




Big difference from last time we saw it, eh? I think I prefer the shorts over the snowsuit, but I'm still glad we went.



My mom was loving this! I thought she was going to blow over, but she was laughing through most of it =)


I took the kids down where it was a little less windy and a little warmer.


Then we met up with Ryan & Mom again and made the hike back down. You know, I think I kept my feet dry that whole time! (That was our joke on all of our hikes since we were wearing tennis shoes and we were walking in soggy snow. Our feet were drenched).

These two really liked taking goofy pictures together.






Slipping, skiing and sledding all the way down! I'm glad we're alive.


Then we white-knuckled it through Ski Country on the Loveland Pass. 








We were so proud of our rental truck ;)




This trip is turning out to be pretty amazing! So thankful for these memories =)




No comments:

Post a Comment