Friday, July 22, 2016

Red Rocks & Boulders

My mom was flying home later this afternoon, but we really wanted to show her Red Rocks on the way out to the airport.


 The kids were sure happy to be back! They got right to work.








We had such a great time with Grandma! We were sad to see her go, but we had to take advantage of our last afternoon in CO, so we drove to Boulder.  Since we did some pretty intense hikes the previous two days, and we ran at Red Rocks that morning, I didn't think we were going to be too aggressive today. thought we'd make it to the base of this mountain... was I ever wrong!


For some reason the kids walk slower with a walking stick ;)







Maybe this is a good stopping point...



Nope. We climbed all the way up that boulder field!
Adly thought this mountain looked like the "ha sah ben zia" rock. (Start singing the song at the beginning of The Lion King and you'll understand!)




Holy beautiful. And there's no snow on these mountains!



After a little over 2 hours, we made it to the very top!! I was relieved to make it there. The top was a little scary. We stopped for a trail-mix break. Adley was in a little imagination/singing world at the top. It was so cute.


Watching a chipmunk and guarding his peanuts!




 I love these people =) I think our kids were made for hiking.











Adley said she would give Daddy a ride down if he gave her a ride up!


We did the the red one to the top of the 1st Flat Iron. What?!


Looks even cooler when you're back down and you realize you made it to the top.




 I decided half way up we were getting ice cream at the bottom, so that's just what we did.




My heart is so full! (And my tummy is full of birthday cake ice cream).

We ended up driving down to my friend Erin's house to eat dinner with them and hang out with their sweet family. Then we finally made it back up the hill to Evergreen. Nancy and the kids had become pretty great buds by the end of the week. They had some good snuggles on our last night.




No comments:

Post a Comment