2016 turned out to be a pretty great year. We took two awesome vacations with the kids, Florida and Colorado, and we bought our first house!!!! Wahoo!! There were several other great things, too, but those are definitely at the top. Parker started Kindergarten at home, we made some new friends in the area, Ryan bought a truck!! Good stuff.
Here's what I wrote for my 2016 Resolutions
- Pray for Ryan, Parker and Adley every day - honestly, that didn't happen. I pray pretty consistently for the kids because that's just what we do before we put them to bed, but I could do a lot better at praying consistently for Ryan. Sorry honey! I'll work on that!
- Be bold in my faith - I think that's up to God to decide if I did that.
- Read personal development, parenting and marriage books - Just a few.
- Start making an income off of my healthkicklifestyle.com website - hah - that didn't happen either! I thought I had a great year! I think I wrote these all after a big business conference so I was focused on that.
- Get certified in HIIT Training - I did do that and now I'm teaching a HIIT class, so that's a win!
- Become a brand ambassador for a fitness company - I did become an ambassador of an online company called SweatPink. Byron doesn't really exactly stores that have have brand ambassadors ;)
- Buy a house - WOOT WOOT! That's a big one! And we totally love this place. I am just SO thankful!
- Keep trying new things - I did my first sprint triathlon! That was new alright! And we're homeschooling....that's new! haha
- Be more consistent with this family blog (considering it's Feb. 11 and I'm finishing up Christmas blogs...) - I was actually shocked that I'm doing better this year already than last year at this time.
- Encourage Ryan through Ironman training - Round 2! - I cheered for him every step of the way! I didn't really push him to train since we had just moved, but he did awesome nonetheless.
- Make Pe De Choux - I watched so many baking shows over Christmas...I have to try and make this. - shoot
Whelp, by the looks of it I didn't really "accomplish" some of the things that I thought I'd do this year, but I really did have a fabulous year. The move was definitely a highlight and also put most other things on hold, so I'll take it =)
2017 Resolutions
I decided to find things that I wanted to add to my life and things that I wanted to get rid of. One of each per month. January is done and it's actually been really fun keeping these in the back of my mind.
January - Compliment others like a boss. - - - Stop comparing
February - No Facebook until after lunch. - - - Let go of my pride
March - Try 1 new healthy recipe per week. - - - Let go of worry or fear
April - Declutter. - - - No Gossip
May - Pray through characteristics I'd like our kids to develop. - - - Give up the need for control
June - Invite 3 new friends over for dinner. - - - Get rid of excuses
July - Add cycling to my workout routine. - - - Stop complaining
August - Focus on being positive! - - - Fight off negative thoughts
September - Master meal-planning. - - - Control the Anger
October - Pray for my husband everyday. - - - Stop blaming others
November - Write a letter to 5 people. - - - So long insecurity
December - Keep eating healthy despite the season. - - - Don't spend $$ on the things I need.
All the while being open to what God has for our family!
I'd also like to...
Get all the trim painted
Have another killer garden
Finish our first year of homeschool with a bang! (A good bang). And start year #2 with joy and confidence.
Do fun things with the kids - possibly a trip or two ;)
Go on more dates with Ryan!
Pray more
I love facing the year knowing no matter what, God is good and has complete authority over our lives. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment