Monday, November 15, 2010

1 month already?

Before we knew it, Parker was a month old!  He was very easy to get on a schedule and was becoming quite predictable.  The amount of time he was awake during the day was increasing and so was his alertness.  He's starting to grow out of the newborn clothes and is almost 10 pounds!  Play time is so much fun with him because he is smiling so much!  He is just so cute.  He also enjoys tummy time and can turn his head from side to side.  The first day he did it I was cheering so hard for him, and when he looked at me I almost cried.  Then I called about a dozen people to tell them.  It was so exciting because it is the first of many 'tricks' he will learn in the first few months.  Every time he gets done eating I can hardly wait to play with him because he is just so happy and I can't wait to see what he discovers next.  One day Ryan was home and I really wanted Parker to show his daddy how he could turn his head.  Ryan and I were both on the floor by Parker, cheering him, and all of a sudden he was on his back!  We looked at each other and could not believe that he had roller over!  It was so neat that Ryan was there to see him do that.  He hasn't done it since, but we know he's capable ;)  It's fun just to watch him wiggle all over.  
 

I mentioned in an earlier post that Ryan and I were watching YouTube videos to teach us how to knit.  The reason we were doing that was because I found a super cute, knitted football costume online and wanted to make it for Parker for Halloween.  I loved Halloween as a kid, and now I love it again that I get to dress up my own kid =)  Anyway, after several hours of learning, making one that was way too small, and buying more yarn and needles, we finished the football just in time for Halloween!  I must say that Ryan did all of the hard parts, and is a much more accomplished knitter than I, but it was fun to make it together.  On Halloween we went over to the Knapps house for our Small Group kick-off.  We had a chili cook-off, took family pictures, brought the kids trick-or-treating, and just enjoyed the day together.  We love our friends so much!  We attempted to take a nice family picture, but Parker was a little upset at the moment =)

Parker's Best Friend, Ella.  She was a little lady bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment