Lots of times when I really look forward to something, I end up being let down because I have such high expectations. Well this past week was indeed the best week ever. I feel so filled up and SO blessed!
On Wednesday Parker and I finally met up with Bobbi and Mayci. We went to a coffee shop and were definitely the main attraction. Bobbi looks amazing and Mayci is such a doll! First Parker had a bottle, then he spit up. Then Bobbi was trying to wake Mayci up and she wasn't havin' it. Then they were both content for a little bit, so we decided to prop them next to each other on a chair for a picture. Right before I set Parker down, he spit up again, and as soon as Bobbi left go of Mayci, she started crying. Her hand was hitting Parker in the head and then he wasn't sure if it was okay to be happy, so they both ended up crying. Bobbi and I were getting a kick out of it, and I'm pretty sure everyone was staring at us =) Then when we were about to leave, someone told us we had cute babies and asked us if they were about the same age. Of course we had to spill the whole stories about how were were best friends/roommates in college, ran track together, had due dates 1 month apart, and had our babies the same day. They were flabbergasted.
Thanksgiving day was wonderful. We were at Ryan's house all morning and ate at noon. Then we went to the Ross Thanksgiving for the evening. I love our families! We passed Parker around to whoever wanted to hold him, and he did a pretty good job for the most part. He doesn't love being held when he's wide awake because he'd rather kick and flail his arms like crazy, but we played with him on the floor a lot. I love seeing all my aunts and uncles and cousins and their families, playing games, laughing about silly stuff, and eating yummy food! I am so blessed to have a family that loves God, supports us, and loves spending time together.
Thanksgiving night, Nat and I planned out our Black Friday trip as always. We hardly had anything to get this year, and she had to be back by 10:30, so we decided to get up at 3:00am. (The best part was that my alarm went off before Parker woke me up! Which means he slept til 3, and he had been waking up around 1 the past week.) We went to Kohls and Target and were back by 8:30 =) Always a great time. The rest of the day was relaxing. Took a nap, played some Settlers, and played with the Parkster. Ryan put him in the Bumbo and he actually sits up in it. It's so cute. I'll have to post a picture soon.
Sandy and Malinda had a shower for Parker on Saturday which was really nice. He got lots of super cute outfits that will fit him when he's bigger. I can't believe he'll ever fit into some of them. They look so huge! After the shower we went to the Saar Thanksgiving, which was also really fun.
Sunday morning was quite the adventure! After I fed Parker, Ryan changed his stinky diaper and picked him up. As soon as he did, Parker spit up all over Ryan's sweater. Ryan passed Parker to me and while I was holding, I felt something warm running down my arm...yep, he was going potty through his diaper. (Don't know how that happened.) We were able to give him a quick bath, clean ourselves up, and still get to church right as the prelude was ending. We laughed the whole morning =) Sunday night we played the first games of ping pong for the season...heck yes!
No comments:
Post a Comment