Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Precious Moments

     Parker has pretty much out grown all of his newborn clothes!  I can't believe it.    One of his very cutest outfits is now in the "save for another kid someday" bag.  It's really happening...time is flying, he's getting bigger, and I keep reminding myself to enjoy every minute of it.  I often make comments about how great it will be when he sleeps through the night, but I am really trying to do my best at enjoying this very short stage of his life.
    
     Ryan has been home during the days, so Parker and him get a lot of daddy/son bonding time.  It's so precious to watch.  Ryan always gets him to smile so big!  Parker also likes to just sit on daddy's lap and chill.  He looks so cute sitting there with his eyes wide open just taking in the world around him.

     I love to play with Parker during the day, rock him, sing to him, etc, but every time I try to read a book to him, he fusses and I never get to finish!  Now, having a teaching background, reading to your child is something I strongly encourage at all ages, and was slightly bummed that Parker was just not having it.  However, the last two nights have been different =)  I feed him at 6, we do some low-key playing, then I feed him again at 7:15.  (During the day he only eats every 3 hours, but I read that if you "cluster feed" toward the end of the night, their belly gets more full and they have a better chance of sleeping longer at night.  I tried it last night and it seemed to work pretty good, so I did it again tonight.)  Anyway, after he's done I put him in his jammies and then he will actually sit on my lap and be content =)  I've been able to read him a few stories out of our Rhyme Bible and he hasn't fussed at all!  I love it!  Then I swaddle him up, put in the plug, (pacifier) rock him and sing to him.  What is it about rocking your sleepy baby that is so precious?  I love watching his eyes get heavy and feeling him relax in my arms.  I love watching him smile at his guardian angels and I am in awe of how perfect God made him.  I love praying for him and dreaming about what he will be like when he's older.  I love these precious moments.      

1 comment:

  1. Awww,I got tears in my eyes reading about how much you love being a mommy and all the special
    time you get with Parker. So sweet. God has blessed your family! And I bet he just loves the Rhyme Bible =)

    ReplyDelete