The first night in the hospital was a bit rough. Our nurse was not the most friendly, and I was incredibly exhausted. I got very emotional in the morning when my mom and dad came, but then things started to improve. I could finally move around a little better and was becoming more comfortable and relaxed with Parker. We stayed another night in the hospital and finally got to go home Saturday afternoon. It was so fun putting him in his take-home outfit. I bought it the weekend after we found out we were having a boy, and looked at it almost every day until I packed it in our hospital bag.


The first week was a total blur...actually the past 6 weeks have been! We had our newborn check-up on the Monday, and our Pediatrician (who we love) reassured us that everything about Parker is perfect and we are going to be great parents =) What a great thing to hear from a doctor. When the nurse measured him, he was only 19 and 3/4 instead of 20 and 3/4 inches. He shrunk because the cone on his head right after birth had shrunk back to normal. Isn't that crazy? The human body is an amazing thing.
 |
| My siblings came the night he was born! |
 |
| Papa and Grandma getting their first look at their new Grandson. |
 |
| Aunt Kate |
 |
| Aunt Jo Jo - 2 weeks after Ella was born and lookin' mighty fine! |
 |
| Aunt Natalie and Alaina came when we first got home and made us applecrisp...yumm. |
 |
| At first Alaina was sort of nervous, but now she loves Parker so much! She can't wait to babysit, but says she won't be changing any diapers ;) |
 |
| Aunt Malinda lovin' on her nephew. |
 |
| Uncle Adam |
 |
| Big smiles thanks to Uncle Adam joking about something. |
 |
| Nana enjoying her 3rd grandson. |
We had tons of visitors, but all I really remember is figuring out how to take care of him. By the end of the week I was feeling pretty great. Again, amazing how quickly a body can recover! We went home to Stillman and German Valley for Columbus day weekend. We got to show off Parker to lots of family and friends, work/ride in the field, go to the apple orchard, and take him to church.
The best part about the first 2.5 weeks of Parker's life was that Ryan was off work! I was kind of skeptical about whether he would be able to do that because in the month prior, he had been working open-close at the new clinic almost everyday. I wasn't sure if that place would survive without him, or if people would leave him alone. He went the whole time without even turning his work phone on and we enjoyed every day together! What a blessing. He is a super great daddy and husband, and a huge help and encouragement everyday!
So fun to read about your delivery and first few weeks with your little guy! I know what you mean about their birth being the best day of your life! Sorry you aren't getting to sleep through the night - hopefully soon! Our little guy did it at 2 months on his own, so it is possible! That is so awesome Ryan got 2.5 weeks off... I'm jealous!!
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh when you said the night nurse was not very nice - both of our night nurses (we also stayed 2 nights) were pretty mean... one lady told me "your baby is crabby" and kicked him out of the nursery. I was so mad. But our day nurses were great! Weird.
Your baby is crabby? That is so crazy. That will be funny to tell him when he's older that he got kicked out of the nursery. Is that even allowed? He looks like a happy little guy to me! Hopefully I can keep up my blog as well as you do now that I've started!
ReplyDeleteCute baby and love the name. So which Glendenning does Ryan belong too??? I don't know them very well but a family friend of my husbands is married to a glendenning (her name is Stacy, his name might be Mark??)
ReplyDelete