Wednesday, October 19, 2011

1-2-3-4 Who Are You Yelling For?

I-L-L…..I-N-I. If you’ve ever been to an Illini game, you know exactly how this sounds. This, along with every Marching Illini song, cadence and cheer were something I heard several weekends every fall while my sister attended U of I. Before this, my dad had always been a big fan, but those are the years when my love for the orange and blue began.


Several years later, I am still a super-fan. I’ve gone to a handful of football games since Nat graduated, but not for about four years now. Luckily, she was able to get 4 FREE tickets to the homecoming game vs. Northwestern. I would’ve been thrilled to go no matter what their record was, but going in to this game, Illinois was 4-0 for the first time in 60 years. It was a battle, but they came out with the victory and we witnessed history. Illinois became 5-0 for the first time EVER (Side note – they are now 6-1!). How exciting that we got to be there!! My sister, mom and dad all went. We had a great time walking through the places we had once walked so frequently, talking about funny times, and just remembering a unique season of life.


The best band in the land.
Next year we're going to bring the whole family and tailgate!

Funny quote of the day that we laughed super hard at…apparently it’s a “had to be there” moment, but I bet Nat will laugh when she reads it ;) “Paper….Piece of Paper!”

No comments:

Post a Comment